Welcome to Springville Elementary!
Dr. Gailen Mitchell
The Springville School is
home to 447 students in Grades K-4, and 80 staff members, each school
day. Our goal is to develop knowledgeable, responsible, confident
citizens with a love of learning to last a lifetime. We encourage our
students to create, to take chances, to become active learners and to
appreciate and enjoy their learning opportunities. Building strong
character, civic responsibility and respect for diversity in our
students is an also an ongoing goal. We hope our children realize they
can make a difference.
Springville, we stress character education, goal setting, creative
spirit and student recognition. Springville's success lies in a deep
commitment to building the total child. This success begins with the
entire school community working together for the academic, social and
personal growth of our students. We provide many opportunities for our
students to perform community service as student ambassadors, buddies
for lower grades, safety patrol and school-wide service projects.
- Elementary School Assignment Letters will be sent home via e-mail on Friday, August 28. If you do not receive your child's letter, please call your school office.
- Hello Day for incoming 5th-graders at Hartford School will take place on Tuesday, September 1. Details were provided in assignment letters.
- Bus passes went out last week, so you should be set. If not, please call our Transportation Office at 856-778-6905.
- Student user names and passwords: We've had a few calls about this. All student user names and passwords continue from year to year, so students should continue to use the same user name and password as last year to access their Google accounts. EXCEPT, that the passwords of all fifth-graders will be changed. Fifth-grade students will get their new passwords on the first day of school.
- The LunchTime Portal will open on Monday, August 31. Parents may begin making deposits into their child's lunch account at that time.
Transportation Reminder: If your child will be picked-up or dropped off at a location other than your home, make sure you complete a Day Care-Babysitting Bus Stop Request Form by August 28. Those requests submitted after August 28 will not be honored for the first two weeks of school. Requests received after August 28 will not go into effect until September 15.
- Harrington House Announcement e-mail was sent on August 17.
- Hartford Team Assignment e-mail was sent on August 24. Fifth-Graders: You'll need this to know which Hartford Hello Day session to attend on September 1.
- All Elementary e-mails were sent on August 28.
Don’t wait until the end of summer to register new students! Classes are formed and bus routes developed throughout the summer. Late registrations impact class sizes and may result in transportation delays for your child.
Registering Your Child
Mount Laurel, NJ 08054
Telephone - 856-231-5899
Early dismissal grades 1-4: 1 p.m.
* On half-days, P.M. Kindergarten begins at 10:30 a.m. and dismisses at 1 p.m.
Springville School's Anti-Bullying Specialist is Michael Sansone,
Dr. Sharon Vitella
Dr. Sharon Vitella has been named Interim Superintendent of Schools in the wake of Dr. Antoinette Rath's retirement, effective September 1. Dr. Vitella holds a Doctorate Degree from Nova Southeastern University and a Master of Science from Gwynedd-Mercy College. She also holds a Master of Arts Degree from The College of New Jersey, and has extensive experience in professional and curriculum development. Dr. Vitella has served the district since 2007, and will continue to oversee Curriculum, Instruction and Assessment as Interim Superintendent. She will serve as Interim until a permanent replacement is named and seated.